Elementary STEM, Day 1–3
Total Engagement with Kagan Structures!
July 17–19, 2024 in Orlando, Florida
This hands-on workshop empowers you to implement Kagan Structures to release and channel student curiosity, creating life-long learners with a love for science. Make your curriculum come alive as your students acquire STEM—science, technology, engineering and mathematics—knowledge and skills by manipulating, exploring, and experimenting with real objects. STEM is an interdisciplinary and applied approach integrating the four disciplines into a cohesive learning paradigm based on real-world applications. You will work cooperatively to develop your STEM practices and thinking using Kagan Structures. Students must do science in order to learn the skills needed in today’s technologically advanced world. More importantly, students must do science together! Scientists do not work in isolation. While working cooperatively, building and calculating, coding and creating, your students will gain a greater depth of understanding of real-world science and science applications.
LocationHilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
1751 Hotel Plaza Blvd
Orlando, Florida 32830-8430
Date and Time
Check In: Wednesday 8:00am - 8:30am
Time: 8:30am - 4:00pm
- Incorporate red-hot reviews to make learning stick
- Achieve gains for all with strategies that ensure full participation by all
- Increase active participation with a high level of engagement in each team
- Have teams ask and answer meaningful questions to boost understanding
- Make these subjects a hands-on experience
- Use successful teamwork for experiments, investigations, and projects
- Encourage verbalization through highly interactive structures
In addition, receive the following materials at a discount (available only to participants of this workshop) by ordering the Bonus Materials package at the same time that you register for this workshop:
- Cooperative Learning & Science, Grades 3-5 Book
- Engaging Mathematics: Numbers & Operations and Algebra (Grades 2-4) 296pp Book
- Physical Science Higher-Level Thinking Questions Book
- Quiz-Quiz-Trade: Mathematics Book
Your price: $76.
Save $20! and
Ordering by phone or fax? Use product code: CSTEM3
“The content was amazing! I feel like I can walk out of here and start right away! I don’t know why I haven’t been using the Kagan Structures the whole time!”
“The content was excellent. I received lots of different ideas and strategies that I enjoyed and feel my students will enjoy as well. This was by far one of the best workshops that I have attended. Would love to come back for another workshop.”
“All content is usable not only in my science class, but I could use it in any type of class.”
For More Info
- For questions about this workshop, please contact Kagan at 800-266-7576 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To bring Kagan to your school or district, please contact Kagan’s Partnership Team at 800-451-8495 or email@example.com.