Kagan Trainer Recertification
If you are not presently certified, and are looking to become certified, please Click here.
Types of Certified Kagan Trainers:
- School: Kagan School Trainers may only train in one school (usually your own school). This applies to most certified trainers.
- Associate: Associate Trainers train 10 days a year for Kagan and are allowed to train up to 200 teachers in their district. This is by application only. Click here for more information.
Process for Trainer Recertification
Kagan is committed to offering the highest quality professional development available. We update our team of trainers on a regular basis. We require Certified Kagan School Trainers to recertify every 3 years. In the past three years, we have made significant changes to our workshops. We are excited to share those updates with you.
What If I Don't Recertify?
Kagan maintains a database of the active Certified Kagan School Trainers. If you don't get re-certified within the 3-year period, your certification is no longer valid and you may not:
- Legally teach Kagan workshops in your school.
- Purchase Kagan training materials for your school.
What Can and Can't I Do with My Recertification?
Here's what you may and may not do with your recertification:
- Legally teach Kagan workshops within one selected school (usually your own school) or district IF you are an Associate Trainer for Kagan.
- Purchase Kagan training materials for your school or district workshops.
You May Not:
- Teach Kagan workshops for a profit.
- Train teachers outside of your selected school or district . To train teachers within your district, you must be an associate trainer.
How Do I Recertify?
There are two different options for recertification. Option #1 is the recommended option, but Kagan is offering another option to help you maintain your certification.
- Option #1: Recertification Workshop
This workshop is the preferred workshop for trainer recertification.
- Option #2: School Trainer Workshop
This workshop is similar to the school trainer workshop that was required as part of your initial certification. However, it has been changed to include important updates to the workshop content.
Kagan Recertification Workshop
- Dates and Times:
- April 27-29, 2017 April 27-28 (8:30 am â€“ 4:00 pm)
April 29 (8:00 am â€“ 12:00 pm)
- The Crowne Plaza Dallas Galleria - Addison
14315 Midway Rd
Addison, TX 75001
To receive a 15% discount on your hotel rate go to www.crowneplaza.com and enter corporate ID #100199281 when making your reservation.
- Participants receive an extensive note-taking handout and the workbook version of the Cooperative Learning text.
- Registration Deadline:
- April 7, 2017
Kagan School Trainer Workshop
- July 17-21, 2017
- Hilton at the Walt Disney Resort
1751 Hotel Plaza Blvd
Orlando, FL 32830
- Participants receive the updated School Trainer Binder and the workbook version of the Cooperative Learning text.
- Registration Deadline:
- July 1, 2017
or download the Registration Form in PDF Format
Note: This workshop is subject to cancellation if a minimum enrollment is not reached.
If you have questions regarding the recertification workshops or requirements, please contact Dr. Jacqueline Minor via email or phone.
Dr. Jacqueline Minor
Director of District Implementation
2111 Holly Ridge Ct
Cedar Hill, TX 75104