The Kagan School Trainer Workshop is a powerful 5-Day training. It is unlike any training you will ever experience. You'll work side-by-side with top teachers from around the world. You'll develop new skills, new insights, and new inspirations to help you become a powerful Kagan trainer in your school. If you're experienced and successful with a range of Kagan Structures, and have responsibilities for training others at your school, you're ready for the School Trainer Institute. You'll learn exactly what you need to know to train teachers.
This Workshop is by Application Only
July 15-19, 2024
Hilton at Walt Disney World Resort
1751 Hotel Plaza Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32830
July 1, 2024
Registration opening soon. Please check back!
Watch the Video
Participants rave about Kagan's School Trainer Institute at the Kagan Summer Academy at the Hilton in the Walt Disney WorldÂ® Resort in Florida. Get certified at Kagan's Summer Academy.
- Become the Kagan instructional leader for your school
- Take away the resources and lesson plans that will prep you to train like a pro
- Get certified so you can train at your school legally and correctly
- Ensure you're training the right stuff the right way to ensure maximum results
- Create internal capacity by having a knowledgeable and certified trainer onsite
- Support your staff on your journey toward full student engagement
- Meet the challenge of bringing new teachers up to speed
- Refresh and reinvigorate your staff with ongoing professional development
- Cooperative Learning Trainer Course Workbook
- Kagan Cooperative Learning book
Apply to This Workshop
Required Application Components
Required Prerequisite: Weeklong Kagan Cooperative Learning Course within the last three years and use of Kagan Structures for 1 year.
Certification candidate must submit the following when application window opens.
- School Trainer application.
- School Improvement Plan pages as noted above.
- Documentation of Staff Training by a National Kagan Trainer.
- Letter of commitment from building administrator. See application requirements.
- Written description of your use of 5 Kagan Structures. Please include content, grade level and student work samples if appropriate.
- One page sample lesson plan reflecting the use of Kagan Structures. Please include structures different from those described above.
- Two video clips teaching a structure to students (10-15 minutes), and teaching a different structure to adults (10-15 minutes). The videos can be unlisted links from a service like YouTube or Vimeo. Make sure the videos are set to unlisted.
- One page video reflection with your permission for Kagan to use your videos for training purposes only. Reflection should include perceptions, insights and ideas for improvement if appropriate. Reflection should be about both video clips submitted.
$50 application fee applies.
Application window will close March 1, 2024.
Applicants will be notified by April 1, 2024
No late applications will be accepted.
Dr. Rick DuVall
Coordinator, Kagan School Trainer Program
Note: This training is subject to cancellation if a minimum enrollment is not reached.