Interest Inventories

Questions or discussion about Kagan theory, research, or implementing Kagan in your classroom.
krissihunter

Interest Inventories

Post by krissihunter » Mon May 19, 2014 9:45 am

I am in the process of revamping curriculum for our middle years Advisement. I am looking for interest inventory ideas or suggestions. If anyone has any information on where to find and how to use, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Christi Brown

Re: Interest Inventories

Post by Christi Brown » Thu May 22, 2014 8:38 am

Hi Krissi,
One idea came to mind but it isn't an "interest inventory" but it might a guide or list of ideas if you wanted to develop one.
In Kagan MI training and the MI textbook, there is "The Real Me" and "The MIT" (Multiple Intelligence Test). Since all MI testing is invalid, what we use these for would be as an idea of what you like or how you excel within certain topics. However, the entire "inventory" could look drastically different if I changed all the examples. As you discover other assessments, I have found a more true picture of an individual by using phrases like, "IF you like to," or "If you're good at."

I've seen some actual Interest Inventories online but it is for assessing a career, or job skills, placement.
Good luck. Let us know what you find or is successful for you.
All the Best,
~Christi