Classbuilding and Teambuilding ideas

Questions or discussion about Kagan theory, research, or implementing Kagan in your classroom.
Carol Lohkamp

Classbuilding and Teambuilding ideas

Post by Carol Lohkamp » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 pm

My, how Old Man Winter is tormenting us this year! Across the nation, schools are dealing with disrupted schedules caused by inclement weather. I would like to know some of the ways teachers are using structures for Classbuilding and Teambuilding once students return to school. Please share what has worked for you!

Rob

Re: Classbuilding and Teambuilding ideas

Post by Rob » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:42 pm

Carol, a participant at a recent workshop shared his latest TB using the structure Think Write RoundRobin.

If zombies invade the earth, which classmate would you choose as you battlemate?

Love it!

rachel.treaster

Post by rachel.treaster » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:19 am

One of the most common ideas I've heard is "What are some snow day activities?" Students can answer with a Continuous Round Robin. Another great idea we shared at our Kagan Tour event in Avon, Indiana was using the structure Rapping Teams with Winter as the theme!!! I can't wait to see what other great ideas people share!

Carol Lohkamp

Post by Carol Lohkamp » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:52 am

Zombies, Rob??!?!? Wow! I can picture the change in students' facial expressions and body language as the level of interest and engagement increased during the structure. What a great way to jump start their energy after the snow day blahs! Thanks for sharing this fun idea!