RoundRobin

Questions or discussion about Kagan theory, research, or implementing Kagan in your classroom.
Rob

RoundRobin

Post by Rob » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:13 pm

I received this question from a participant and thought it might be practical to share:

I am planning to practice RoundRobin and/or RallyRobin in the first week of school with my 3rd graders. We'll practice the structure using colors, numbers, animals, etc.

Here's my question...What if the "A" person still has 10 more answers, but the "B" partner has run out of ideas. How do partner "A's" ideas get shared? Or do they just need to be done talking when their partner is out of ideas?

Jackie Minor

Re: RoundRobin

Post by Jackie Minor » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:17 pm

When using structures early in the year, it is best to start with teambuilding content (fun, non-academic, and easy for all). So for third grade, you could start with things like...fun summer activities, summer snacks, names for pets, etc..... YOnce they are comfortable and once they are mixed ability teams, then you could move to the review content. If you are worried about some students not having enough (you will know who they are by then), you could possibly give them the questions ahead of time or a resource to check ahead of time. You could also allow some hints or coaching when students get stuck.

Jackie