Instructions for Structures

Questions or discussion about Kagan theory, research, or implementing Kagan in your classroom.
coffeesnobz

Instructions for Structures

Post by coffeesnobz » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:53 am

Hi - I've been to a two day conference and a workshop and have a five day course coming up in April in Napier, New Zealand. In the meantime I have been implementing structures and changing planning over the past 9 months. I have come across two structures I would like to know more about - Fill-A-Frame and Find-A-Frame. Can you tell me where I can locate the instructions for these structures please. I have the Kagan Cooperative Learning Book (2009) and about 7 structure cards - am I looking in the right places?

Jeff Dane

Re: Instructions for Structures

Post by Jeff Dane » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:50 am

It is very exciting that you are implementing the use of structures in your classroom. Basically, the two structures you mentioned can be used with graphic organizers. In Fill-A-Frame the teams are given the graphic organizer, and in Find-A-Frame they can be presented several to determine which one they would want to use to categorize a set of words or items. In the 5 day course you will learn a structure called RoundTable to help you keep participation equal as they sort their items in either structure. Hope this helps. Thanks

coffeesnobz

Re: Instructions for Structures

Post by coffeesnobz » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:04 pm

Awesome thanks. I have the graphics organiser structures card so will incorporate this structure. Thanks again.