Dynamic Trainer VS Cooperative Learning Workshop

Questions about workshops, academies, tour events, conference, and graduate courses.
joykilgo

Dynamic Trainer VS Cooperative Learning Workshop

Post by joykilgo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:17 am

Hi! I LOVE Kagan! I completed the 5 day Cooperative Learning workshops last summer in Caddo Parish, Shreveport, LA, with Christi. Now, I have been moved out of the classroom and into an Academic Coordinators position. I am training adults already using the structures that I learned in Cooperative Learning, but I was curious about the Dynamic Trainer workshop. Is it very different from the Cooperative Learning week? I wanted to know if it would be beneficial having already had the cooperative learning training. I am considering other workshops and working on a limited budget (aren't we all nowadays?!!) Any information as to the differences between the two workshops would be helpful. Thanks so much and keep up the great work, Kagan! You have changed the way I teach forever! I appreciate it!

Tom Searl

Re: Dynamic Trainer VS Cooperative Learning Workshop

Post by Tom Searl » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:39 am

Hello Joy,
So glad to hear about the impact that structures have made to your life as a teacher and now adult trainer!
Also its great to see that you enjoyed your workshop in Shreveport last summer and that it has transformed your teaching!
The Dynamic Trainer course will be beneficial for you! It not only gives you more Kagan structures to add to your toolbox but it gives an insight into the secrets of the best trainer tips, an ability to capture and hold the attention of adult learners, and it gives an understanding of the adult learning process and how it translates into your presentations. The week long institute would meet your needs as you enter into your new phase of training adults. Take a look at the Kagan website for more descriptions of our courses at our Summer and Winter Academies. Looking forward to seeing you in future trainings and keep up the great work you do!
Hoping this helps,
Tom Searl