Adult Cooperative Learning

Questions or discussion about Kagan theory, research, or implementing Kagan in your classroom.
QuiltQrazy

Adult Cooperative Learning

Post by QuiltQrazy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:06 pm

Hello, will Kagan's book with the plethora of ideas for cooperative learning work in the adult classroom? I was thinking of buying his book, but don't want to spend the $ if it doesn't translate too well. Thank you!

Sarah Ziebell

Re: Adult Cooperative Learning

Post by Sarah Ziebell » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:20 am

Absolutely! It is a great book. All the tools for engagement in the text book are content free so you can use them with any age level. I would also recommend to try and go to a Cooperative Learning Training. During our trainings, we use structures to go over our content with adults, so you can really get a good idea of how they work.

Best of luck to you!

Sarah

Jeff Dane

Post by Jeff Dane » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:45 am

Sarah is absolutely correct. You will find that these structures transfer to any setting. They are based on communication, social skills, and teamwork. All essential for success at any level. The Classbuilding and Teambuilding chapters have numerous blackline masters that are great to begin to build the interdependence of your class and teams. Thanks, and Good Luck.

QuiltQrazy

Post by QuiltQrazy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Thanks you two, I'll be getting this book for my library. C":-)