Round Table vs Round Robin

Questions or discussion about Kagan theory, research, or implementing Kagan in your classroom.
EFL teacher

Round Table vs Round Robin

Post by EFL teacher » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:45 pm

I have a basic question. What is the difference between Round Table and Round Robin?
Is it only in wirtten or oral?

Christi Brown

Re: Round Table vs Round Robin

Post by Christi Brown » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:27 am

Yes, that is the basic difference. "Round" incorporates the team, so that stays the same for both.
"Table" meaning we take turns writing, drawing, or building something; whereas, "Robin" we take turns talking. I also think of Robin "we trade ideas verbally" and Table "we trade tools or manipulatives" to complete the task. Hope this helps. Here's a little song to help you remember, to the tune "Limbo Rock."
"RoundTable is so very cool, it will help you in your school. With one paper and a pen, let the thinking time begin. Oh, RoundRobin is the same, but yet it's a TALKING game. Yes, I am a Structure Jock, hey let's do the Structure Rock." If you want to other 4 verses, you have to take the Advanced CL Institute! Hee hee....
Enjoy!
~Christi

EFL teacher

Re: Round Table vs Round Robin

Post by EFL teacher » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Thank you Christi! Now I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night to open the book to confirm myself. However, I guess I should take the music lesson before the Advanced CL Institute!
I have one more question.
Does "tools" in your sentence "we trade tools or manipulatives" to complete the task mean "process"?