Interview Structure

Questions or discussion about Kagan theory, research, or implementing Kagan in your classroom.
paulinewatson

Interview Structure

Post by paulinewatson » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:16 pm

I attended a two-day workshop at the Independent Day School In February of last year and watched a science class use a structure to interview each other about the projects they had created on a famous scientist. My students are completing projects on inventors to present at our Living Museum. I would like them to practice their presentations by using that structure, but I cannot locate the handout that had the details. I may have loaned it to someone! Can anyone help me? I seem to remember something about "three", but I can't remember if it involved three students or if their display was a triangular prism.

Jackie Minor

Post by Jackie Minor » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:23 am

Pauline,
I wasn't there so I'm not sure what the structure was. We have two structures that we often use for interviewing. One is called Three-Step Interview and the other is called Team Interview. Both of these can be found in several of the Kagan books: Cooperative Learning, Multiple Intelligences, and the Question Card books.

Jackie