Auditory Processing and Sensory Processing Questions

Questions or discussion about Kagan theory, research, or implementing Kagan in your classroom.
fgerlosky

Auditory Processing and Sensory Processing Questions

Post by fgerlosky » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:57 am

I am looking for the best listening CD Set to purchase for Auditory Processing and Sensory Processing improvement. I have read Brain Research that says this can be dramatically improved by age 10-12 years with listening for 15 minutes daily over a period of 8 weeks. The two particular children are 7 years old (male) and 9 years old (female). They are both on the High End Academically. The 7 year old displays the characteristics of the Auditory and Sensory but the 10 year old displays the Auditory only. I also have many students that would benefit. There are several CD sets in the Kagan Catalog that sound as if they would be what I am considering.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jackie Minor

Post by Jackie Minor » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:53 am

The music for the mind CD's are approximately 60 beats per minute (mother's heart rate). Some are a little more. These are best to use as back ground music while students are doing solo work. The songs have no words and no repeatable patterns. I am thinking these might be a good choice.

There are also the Mozart CD's. There is some research that suggests that listening to Mozart enhances thinking but that research is very limited and not conclusive. I like to use those CD's when students are working on projects or doing work with creative thinking.

Hope this helps.

Jackie