High School Advice

Questions or discussion about Kagan theory, research, or implementing Kagan in your classroom.
sstone

High School Advice

Post by sstone » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:08 pm

Because I am a traveling teacher, I am in rooms that are predesigned in rows. Are there any Kagan strategies that are easily workable in this configuration? I would love to use it in a writing type of workshop.

Thanks for you input.

Wendy Burke

Post by Wendy Burke » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:05 am

What a great question! What many teachers do, when they travel from room to room and the teacher before them doesn't have teams in place, is have their students move their desks into clusters of 4 when you enter. So, the four students closest together, starting at a corner would move..and so on. This would require you to have some conversation with the other teacher about the ability levels of the students that would be placed into that cluster. Once the students get the knack of this- it is a really simple switch and then they just move back after your lesson. If this seems to much...you could always have them work with a partner...do Rally Table, Rally Coach..or Rally Robin. Hope that helps.