Cards for SU, HU, PU

Questions or discussion about Kagan theory, research, or implementing Kagan in your classroom.
Debbie

Cards for SU, HU, PU

Post by Debbie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:44 am

I want to try Stand Up, Hand Up, Pair Up with math vocabulary. I will have the math word on one side of the card and the definition on the other side. Should I make the cards or could I have the students make them as an introductory activity? I teach 7th grade math and have all below level and inclusion students.

Thanks

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:21 pm

Debbie, it is AWESOME that you are using structures for math. I bet your students love it! I think it would be a wonderful review for math vocab too. For sure your students can make these cards! It would create a sense of ownership as well. I would build in a check of some sort to make sure the definition/answer on the back is correct. Do you remember Quiz Quiz Trade? I feel that QQT would be a stronger match with your objective of your lesson. Students will be getting the opportunity to practice more definitions by using QQT. Best of luck! Keep us informed on how it went. Your students are truly lucky to have YOU as a teacher! *Jen* :lol: