Sorry, this event has been CANCELLED!
Click here to find another engaging Kagan event.
Optimize musical learning for each and every student with this cooperative approach. You've heard the musical saying, "If you can SAY it, then you can PLAY it!" Well, this workshop will show you how to get students to say and play music in a way that maximizes engagement and learning for all using highly interactive Kagan Cooperative Learning Structures. Working in pairs and teams, your students will talk about and practice music like never before. They learn so much more as they work together to think about, discuss, and perform music. We'll explore how to use full engagement to teach music composition (melody, rhythm, harmony, form, tone color, texture, and expression), as well as appropriate activities to assist in the learning of those concepts (singing, playing instruments, reading and notating music, moving, listening, creating, and evaluating music performances). Boost music smarts for all with full engagement! WS# 27910
- Turn up the volume on student engagement with tried and true Kagan Structures
- Rock-N-Roll with the great ideas you’ll take away from this workshop
- Make music learning more fun with movement, interaction, and cooperation
- Ensure music learning isn’t strictly a “solo” performance by the teacher or students learning in isolation
- Leverage the power of interaction as your students learn about, write about, and talk about music
- Teach your different musical concepts using a variety of instructional strategies
- Get your students “humming” with interaction over your music curriculum
- Cooperative Learning and Music Course Workbook