Social-Emotional Learning (SEL), Days 1 & 2
Emotion-Friendly Teaching to Boost Social and Academic Skills!
August 9–10, 2023 in Dillingham, Alaska
Make your classroom more emotion-friendly! The emotion-friendly classroom is a far more effective approach for reaching the five goals of Social-Emotional Learning. Instead of learning about positive social and emotional behaviors, students acquire these skills as part of every lesson. With emotion-friendly teaching, students have a greater understanding of their own emotions, become more skilled controlling their impulses, are better at motivating themselves, become more empathetic, and improve their social skills and relations as they interact over the regular academic curriculum—no separate lessons are required. Explore Dr. Kagan’s groundbreaking Emotion Wheel, a visual tool to help students understand and take control of their own emotions. Harness the power of student emotions to improve every aspect of your classroom from academic success, to class management, to improved student relations.
Find a Different Workshop
Register Today! Seating is Limited!
LocationDillingham Elementary School
565 Wolverine Ln
PO Box 170
Dillingham, Alaska 99576
Date and Time
Check In: 7:30am
Time: 8:00am - 3:15pm
- Improve class climate and raise students’ IQ by eliciting positive emotions
- Promote relationship skills and empathy for others
- Radically reduce disruptive behavior, bullying, and violence
- Teach students to understand and manage their emotions with the revolutionary Kagan Emotion Wheel
- Learn how to leverage emotions to increase student self-motivation and achievement
Free Kagan Materials
With your attendance, you will receive:
- Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) Workbook
- Emotion-Friendly Teaching (Free Poster Included) Book
- Kagan Social-Emotional Learning Day 1 Workbook v.6
In addition, receive the following materials at a discount (available only to participants of this workshop) by ordering the Bonus Materials package at the same time that you register for this workshop:
- Character Education Poster Set
- Character Education SmartCard
- Combo: Gratitude Chips Class Set
- Combo: Happy Recall Chips Class Set
- Combo: Question Dice Learning Cube Class Set
- Developing Character Higher-Level Thinking Questions Book
- Emotional Intelligence SmartCard
- Personal & Social Skills Higher-Level Thinking Questions Book
Your price: $119.
Save $82! and
Ordering by phone or fax? Use product code: CSEL1
“Inspiring, motivating, supportive.”
“I’m always impressed when such highly intelligent people can deliver complex information in a way anyone can comprehend.”
“This workshop was extremely valuable. The connection with EQ and success in the classroom and in life is powerful.”More Reviews…
“Super powerful information that I wish I had learned years ago when I was in college preparing to become a teacher.”
For More Info
- For questions about this workshop, please contact Kagan at 800-266-7576 or email@example.com.
- To bring Kagan to your school or district, please contact Kagan’s Partnership Team at 800-451-8495 or firstname.lastname@example.org.