Days 1 & 2
Kagan Structures for Interaction, Comprehension, and Fluency!
July 18–19, 2023 in Orlando, Florida
(For Educators of Grades K-12)
Sorry, this event has been CANCELLED!
Visit our workshop list to find another engaging Kagan event.
In many foreign language classrooms, students learn about a foreign language, but they don’t actually acquire it. Fluency develops when students have multiple opportunities to use the language in meaningful ways. In this eye-opening workshop, you learn practical teaching tools to dramatically increase both language production and meaningful language input. You create full language engagement in a cooperative, communicative, and supportive context. Kagan Structures allow a safe context for language learning, multiply opportunities for language production, and increase the amount of comprehensible input. Within this context, your students show remarkable acceleration of receptive and productive language skills. As you revitalize your teaching through easy-to-learn, easy-to-use Kagan Structures, your students develop increased fluency—they not only learn about the language, they acquire the language.
Sorry, this event has been cancelled.
- Promote fluency by allowing students to practice speaking in the safety of their teams
- Use interactive structures to practice grammar and mechanics
- Energize your class as students quiz each other on essential vocabulary and concepts
- Improve grammar accuracy with practice structures to build language mastery
- Use reading comprehension strategies so students read with understanding
- Enhance students’ ability to write with clarity and accuracy
- Use activities that empower students to use the target language in a functional way
- Boost speaking and listening skills with frequent student-to-student interaction
In addition, receive the following materials at a discount (available only to participants of this workshop) by ordering the Bonus Materials package at the same time that you register for this workshop:
- Classbuilding Book
- Classbuilding SmartCard
- Communication Boosters SmartCard
- Match Mine: Language Builder Book
- Same-Different Holidays Book
- Second Language Learning Through Cooperative Learning Book
- Smart Card: Second Language Learning
- Talking Teamwork Poster Set (6 posters)
- Teambuilding Book
- Teambuilding SmartCard
“This workshop was exactly what I was hoping it would be! I got out of it what I was hoping to – nothing left undone.”
For More Info
- This event has been cancelled, but you can always speak to a Kagan representative: 800-266-7576 (reference event number #36204).
- To bring Kagan to your school or district, please contact Kagan’s Partnership Team at 800-451-8495 or email@example.com.