Total Student Engagement with Microsoft Teams
Make Remote Learning Come Alive!
June 1, 2021 in Web-based, Open Registration
Are you having a difficult time truly engaging students with remote instruction? Do you want students to tune in, not tune out to your online lessons? Does distance learning feel too “distant” to you and your students? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this 4-hour Live Online workshop is for you! Kagan is renowned for its interactive teaching strategies. Microsoft Teams offers a robust online learning platform. Combine Kagan and Microsoft Teams to boost student interaction online! For newbies and frequent Microsoft Teams users alike, this workshop provides all you need to know to successfully use breakout rooms, chat, screen sharing, white boards, and student polls. Gain the confidence and skills to create and monitor random pairs, assigned pairs, and teams. Learn to engage every student individually, with a partner, with teammates, and with classmates. During this time of uncertainty and anxiety, create a greater sense of connection to each other and to you. Your students will be more excited about school and the curriculum. Come join us and experience what successful online learning looks like, what it feels like, and how to make it a reality for your students!
Note: This workshop is conducted via Zoom, but focuses on using Microsoft Teams for remote instruction. Click Here for a different workshop on Google Meet or Click Here for a different workshop on Zoom.
- Delve deeper into the curriculum via structured breakout rooms.
- Use shared white boards for brainstorming and problem solving.
- Poll students to discover their experience, knowledge, and to maintain interest.
- Monitor student engagement during breakouts.
- Master Microsoft Teams' features to make distance learning interactive.
- Create connection with teambuilding structures like Team Interview and Placemat Consensus.
- Form a variety of teams and pairs to boost excitement and achievement.
- Learn simple Kagan strategies to boost student engagement.
- Get every student responding with the structure, Show Me.
- Put fun back in teaching and learning—for you and your students!
Free Kagan Materials
With your attendance, you will receive:
Watch the Video
“This workshop was engaging. I loved the use of the breakout rooms. I also loved the fact I was able to collaborate with teachers from different states.”
“Great content. Great prospective on how to implement these structures into the virtual setting. I really liked the focus on being able to use breakout rooms for pairs and teams.”