Total Student Engagement with Google Meet
Make Remote Learning Come Alive with Google Suite Tools!
March 10, 2021 in Web-based, Open Registration
Are you having a difficult time truly engaging students with remote learning? Are you new to Google Meet or to Kagan? Do you and your students feel too “remote” from each other with remote instruction? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this 4-hour Live Online workshop is for you! Kagan is renowned for its interactive teaching strategies. Google Meet offers a robust online learning platform. Combine Kagan with tools from Google Suite to boost student interaction online! For newbies and frequent Google Suite users alike, this workshop provides all you need to know to successfully use breakout rooms, chat, screen sharing, Jamboard, Google Slides, Google Docs, and student polls. Gain the confidence and skills to create and monitor random pairs, assigned pairs, and teams. Learn to engage every student individually, with classmates, and with teammates. During this time of uncertainty and anxiety, create a greater sense of connection to each other and to you. Your students will be more excited about school and the curriculum. Come join us and experience what successful remote instruction looks like, what it feels like, and how to make it a reality for your students!
Note: This workshop is conducted via Zoom as the platform, but the focus of the workshop and specific examples are on Google Meet and Google Suite tools. Click here for a different workshop focusing on Zoom.
- Learn simple Kagan strategies to boost student engagement.
- Master tools from the Google Suite to make remote instruction interactive.
- Get every student responding with the structure, Show Me.
- Create connection with teambuilding structures like Team Interview and Placemat Consensus.
- Monitor student engagement during breakouts.
- Poll students to discover their experience, knowledge, and to maintain interest.
- Form base teams and pairs to promote student connection and achievement.
- Create random teams and pairs to boost excitement and motivation.
- Use shared Google Suite tools for brainstorming and problem solving.
- Delve deeper into the curriculum via structured breakout rooms.
- Put fun back in teaching and learning—for you and your students!
Free Kagan Materials
With your attendance, you will receive:
Watch the Video
“This PD was very rich in content and amazingly beneficial, I am really excited to implement what I have learned. Thanks KAGAN!”
“After this online training, I realized the potential to get every student engaged! Such easy, FUN strategies to use!”
“These are awesome strategies to use in a virtual environment!”