Kagan Classroom Adaptations for COVID-19
Enhancing Student Engagement and Safety
February 23, 2021 in Web-based, Open Registration
This 3-hour workshop provides in-classroom adaptations to Kagan Structures and methods for enhanced student and teacher safety in the era of COVID-19. So many teachers and schools have asked how they can adapt Kagan for social distancing. This workshop is your answer! More than ever, students will crave social interaction. Instead of “social distancing,” we encourage teachers to create social closeness, but maintain physical distance. In this Zoom workshop presented live by a Kagan professional trainer, learn which structures can be used without adaptations, which ones require slight adaptions, and which ones need to be replaced altogether. Adaptations focus on how to maintain physical distance, eliminate touching each other, and avoid sharing equipment. As a bonus, given the more intense need for social bonding, we examine how Kagan Structures integrate social emotional learning (SEL) without time off academic curriculum. Make modifications and replacements to continue to reap the social and academic benefits of Kagan.
*Formerly titled, Back to School: Adapting Kagan for COVID-19
Online registration isn't currently available for this event. Please download and complete the registration form.
Fax or email the form to:
If you don't receive your unique login link 3 days prior to your workshop, please contact Kagan.
- Learn to adapt your Kagan Structures for physical distancing
- Take away tips to increase student safety while maintaining interaction
- Experience Kagan Structures adapted to create an energizing Live Online workshop
- Interact with like-minded teachers via Zoom pair and team breakouts
- Provide students a cooperative and caring learning environment with powerful teambuilding and classbuilding structures
- Make up for lost time with Kagan Structures that skyrocket academic achievement
- Implement a proven approach to build cross-race friendships, prevent bullying, violence, and discipline problems
- Don’t let physical distancing be a barrier to bonding, caring, and mutual support among your students
Free Kagan Materials
With your attendance, you will receive:
Watch the Video
“It was very timely as I wondered how I could still implement Kagan with COVID! The webinar did not disappoint! I am ready to go!”
“I was very concerned about not being able to use the Kagan strategies during the Covid-19 pandemic. This workshop gave me some excellent adaptations so my students can continue to benefit from collaborative learning.”
“Thank you for another incredible workshop. I feel confident to continue using my Kagan structures with these easy modifications.”Read more...
“This workshop has armed my teachers and I to lead cooperative meetings and learning in the socially distant classroom! I was apprehensive but feel empowered to start the year.”
“Excited to be able to report back that, yes, collaboration can still occur six feet apart!”
“This workshop helped me adapt the techniques that keep students connected to each other, even when they are physically apart. Thank you Kagan for this much-needed support.”
“Kagan workshops are always the best, and this one did not disappoint. I look forward to using what I learned today when I return to my classroom in a few weeks. Thank you for making teaching a dream, Kagan!”