Total Student Engagement through Zoom
Make Distance Learning Come Alive!
February 22, 2021 in Web-based, Open Registration
Are you having a difficult time truly engaging students with remote learning? Are you new to Zoom or to Kagan? Does distance learning feel too “distant” to you and your students? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this 4-hour Live Online workshop is for you! Kagan is renowned for its interactive teaching strategies. Zoom offers a robust online learning platform. Combine Kagan and Zoom to boost student interaction online! For newbies and frequent Zoom users alike, this workshop provides all you need to know to successfully use breakout rooms, chat, screen sharing, white boards, and student polls. Gain the confidence and skills to create and monitor random pairs, assigned pairs, and teams. Learn to engage every student individually, with a partner, with teammates, and with classmates. During this time of uncertainty and anxiety, create a greater sense of connection to each other and to you. Your students will be more excited about school and the curriculum. Come join us and experience what successful online learning looks like, what it feels like, and how to make it a reality for your students!
Note: This workshop is conducted via Zoom and provides specific examples on Zoom. Concepts taught in this workshop may be applied to other video chat platforms with breakout room capabilities. Click here for a different workshop focusing on Google Meet.
Online registration isn't currently available for this event. Please download and complete the registration form.
Fax or email the form to:
If you don't receive your unique login link 3 days prior to your workshop, please contact Kagan.
- Learn simple Kagan strategies to boost student engagement
- Master Zoom’s features to make remote learning interactive
- Get every student responding with the structure, Show Me.
- Create connection with teambuilding structures like Team Interview and Placemat Consensus
- Monitor student engagement during breakouts
- Poll students to discover their experience, knowledge, and to maintain interest
- Form a variety of teams and pairs to boost excitement and achievement
- Use shared white boards for brainstorming and problem solving
- Delve deeper into the curriculum via structured breakout rooms
- Put fun back in teaching and learning—for you and your students!
Free Kagan Materials
With your attendance, you will receive:
Watch the Video
“I gained some useful tips & tricks from the "Student Engagement through Zoom" Kagan training. These will be another piece of my puzzle to help students become more engaged during my lessons.”
“I loved learning about different ways to keeps students engaged and up and moving during distance learning. I hadn’t realized how easy it could be to adapt Kagan structures to virtual learning!”
“These are awesome strategies to use in a virtual environment!”