Back to School: Adapting Kagan for COVID-19
August 7, 2020 in Web-based, Open Registration, -Live Online
Live Online FormatThis workshop is an online version of Kagan’s signature training, Back to School: Adapting Kagan for COVID-19. Course materials are sent in advance, to be distributed to participants. The training is conducted live by a Kagan Master Trainer over Zoom. Participants join the workshop using a computer, tablet, or smartphone with an internet connection. The interactive instructional strategies taught are for teachers to implement during classroom instruction, when it is safe to return to school. Participants learn dozens of structures to boost engagement and learning for every student, every lesson.
- Prior successful use of Kagan
This 3-hour workshop was designed for teachers who were successfully using Kagan before the shutdown and want to continue to reap the benefits of Kagan when students return to school in the fall. So many teachers and schools have asked how they can adapt Kagan for social distancing. This workshop is your answer! More than ever, students will crave social interaction. Instead of “social distancing,” we encourage teachers to create social closeness, but maintain physical distance. In this Zoom workshop presented live by a Kagan Master Trainer, learn how to adapt Kagan Structures and methods to maintain physical distance and minimize touching each other and shared equipment. You will review and adapt the steps of 15 Kagan Structures, so you and your students don’t skip a step when returning to school. As a bonus, given the more intense need for social bonding, we examine how Kagan Structures integrate social emotional learning (SEL) without time off academic curriculum.
- Implement a proven approach to build cross-race friendships, prevent bullying, violence, and discipline problems
- Interact with like-minded teachers via Zoom pair and team breakouts
- Learn to adapt your favorite Kagan Structures for physical distancing
- Take away tips to increase student safety while maintaining interaction
- Don’t let physical distancing be a barrier to bonding, caring, and mutual support among your students
- Provide students a cooperative and caring learning environment with powerful teambuilding and classbuilding structures
- Experience Kagan Structures adapted to create an energizing Live Online workshop
- Make up for lost time with Kagan Structures that skyrocket academic achievement
Free Kagan Materials
With your attendance, you will receive:
Watch the Video
“I really feel excited about teaching again after taking the Kagan Live Online PD. The tools of shaping the structure for collaborative learning are exactly what I needed.”
“The PD was great! Totally worth attending. Showed me that Kagan strategies are possible not only in person but online as well!”
“Everyone should receive training on the Kagan Cooperative Learning Structures. Kagan provides the research-based strategies that will keep students engaged while learning in a fun and meaningful way. The Live Online PD was awesome!”Read more...
“I enjoyed this online session as much as I enjoyed the one in-person! I'm already planning the strategies I'll be using with my seventh and eighth grades when we go back to school! Thank you!”
“One of the most hands on PDs I have ever experienced! We were put in roles of both the educator and the student! Best way to learn and practice.”