Kagan Live Online: Transform Your High-Risk Classroom, Day 1
Reach and Teach Students in Challenging Environments!
January 19, 2021 in Web-based, Open Registration
Live Online FormatThis workshop is an online version of Kagan’s signature training, Kagan Live Online: Transform Your High-Risk Classroom. Course materials are sent in advance, to be distributed to participants. The training is conducted live by a Kagan Master Trainer over Zoom. Participants join the workshop using a computer, tablet, or smartphone with an internet connection. The interactive instructional strategies taught are for teachers to implement during classroom instruction, when it is safe to return to school. Participants learn dozens of structures to boost engagement and learning for every student, every lesson.
Do you teach in a "high-risk" environment where the majority of your students have a high probability of failing academically or dropping out of school? Are you new to Kagan, or have you experienced difficulties implementing Kagan Structures in your classroom due to your students' exceptional circumstances? Students dealing with poverty, homelessness, behavioral issues, learning disabilities, learning English, or incarceration can present severe teaching challenges. Meet the challenge with the structures, activities, and procedures you'll learn in this workshop. Combining tools from Cooperative Learning, Win-Win Discipline, and Brain-Friendly Instruction, this workshop empowers you with knowledge and strategies you will put to work immediately in your classroom. You will reach and support your hardest to reach and teach students. While individual teachers benefit greatly from this workshop, it is even more powerful when the entire school (or a school team) implements these powerful tools to transform the school experience for high-risk students.
- Create a safe learning environment for all students
- Learn specific strategies to build positive relationships with your hard-to-reach students
- Use pair structures to maximize learning and peer support
- Help your high-risk students develop a growth mindset
- Calm the brains and develop focus for distracted students with brain-friendly teaching strategies
- Understand what’s going on in the teen brain and how their brains differ from the brains of young children and adults
- Promote psychological resiliency to counter adverse learning conditions
- Learn what triggers your students
- Adopt preventative procedures to minimize disruptions
- Understand 7 psychological needs that create misbehavior
- Implement step-by-step strategies to help disruptive students meet their needs responsibly
Free Kagan Materials
With your attendance, you will receive:
In addition, receive the following materials at a discount (available only to participants of this workshop) by ordering the Bonus Materials package at the same time that you register for this workshop:
- Brain Friendly Teaching: Tools, Tips & Structures Book
- Personal & Social Skills Higher-Level Thinking Questions Book
- TimerTools Software
- Win-Win Discipline 7 Posters Set
Your price: $89.
Save $17! and
Ordering by phone or fax? Use product code: CHR2A
Watch the Video
“Transform Your High-Risk Classroom was extremely beneficial to my classroom to see the step by step application, the research behind it, and how it can benefit my kids, classroom, and campus. Please keep this training! It is very needed of practical application of Kagan techniques for a high-risk classroom.”
“Transform Your High-Risk Classroom was absolutely WONDERFUL! I have learned so much and can’t wait to use it in my classroom. I am much more positive going back.”
“I learned so many good strategies for how to deal with high risk students that I can’t wait to get back to school. It occurred to me that many of these strategies are aimed at molding student’s thought patterns into positive beliefs about themselves, which will affect their behavior and foster empathy.”