Days 1 & 2
Kagan Structures to Teach the Way Brains Best Learn!
July 30–31, 2020 in Maryville, Missouri
Sorry, this event has been CANCELLED!
Brain science and research has direct applications to classroom teaching and learning. We ignore the research at the peril of our own success as well as at the success of our students. Teaching with methods that don't respect brain science is like swimming against the current: teaching is more exhausting, students learn less, and students like class and content less. When we align our teaching with how the brain best learns, we are going with the current. Students learn more, enjoy class more, and teaching is more effortless and enjoyable for us. In this workshop, learn six core principles of brain-friendly teaching. For each principle, you will come away with Kagan Structures, tools, tips, and techniques to make your teaching more brain compatible and more scientifically sound.
Coronavirus Important Note
- Put brain science to work to maximize learning
- View brain scans showing how brains “light up” with student interaction
- Master Kagan Structures to make every lesson brain-friendly
- Target brain centers for emotion, motivation, memory, attention, and thinking
- Create a safe learning environment where learning, thinking, and creativity flourish
- Nourish the brain with Number Group Mania!
- Discover the stimuli that boost comprehension and retention of content
- Apply the six principles of brain friendly teaching in every lesson
Free Kagan Materials
With your attendance, you will receive:
In addition, receive the following materials at a discount (available only to participants of this workshop) by ordering the Bonus Materials package at the same time that you register for this workshop:
- Brain-Based Learning SmartCard
- Classbuilding SmartCard
- Music for the Mind: Relaxed Alertness
- SelectorTools™ Software
- Silly Sports & Goofy Games Book
- Software: Instant Classbuilding
- Software: Instant Teambuilding
- Teambuilding SmartCard
- TimerTools Software
- Twist & Shout!
- Twist-Up Crayons
“The content was amazing! I learned so much about the brain and how it functions, and I can't wait to use this knowledge and new structures to plan my lessons and create engaging, brain-developing activities! I love Kagan!”
“I am completely blown away by Dr. Kagan's research and his ability to teach others about understanding brain function to educate children. I am so happy I attended this workshop and will encourage others to learn and use Kagan Structures!”
“Excellent! I loved the activities and information about brain research. I smiled more than anything because I could see my students benefiting from everything!!”Read more...
“Amazing information! Love the info provided. It really helped me to see inside the students’ brains, to be able—as a teacher—to touch all of the areas.”
“Very informative about the brain and how it works. Explicit information about the memory systems. Best workshop I could have attended. Thank you!”
“I so appreciate the explicit, direct teaching of social skills in the ‘Kagan approach.’ Our students need very clear brain-friendly, socially-sensitive teaching. Kagan's work has made a difference in education today.”
“Excellent! Learned a lot about the brain, how kids learn, importance of processing, and what structures fit what types of learning. Wonderful!”