What Kagan Book Is This From?

Questions about Kagan
Kaganite

What Kagan Book Is This From?

Post by Kaganite » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:22 pm

I have spent over an hour and two unsuccessful phone calls trying to find out. Our school staff were given copies of Kagan team building lessons and understanding the differences of others. Teachers were provided detailed scripts on how to run the activities and students kept a journal that kept track of the activities and answering the questions. Let me give you a few examples. One part was a person cutout and students decorated each part of body to show how they were different and we posted them in classroom with cutouts looking like they were holding hands. Another activity had two students sit back to back, one would give directions while the other drew the picture. Another activity had students sit in a circle, and they had to count to 18, but only saying numbers, and anyone talks, they had to start over. Another activity, students sat back to back and hooked arms and had to stand up and sit down, then we tried with three or four students. The students loved these activities and it helped us understand differences and built teamwork....does anyone know which book these came from?

parkeratkagan

Re: What Kagan Book Is This From?

Post by parkeratkagan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:28 am

Hi there, and thank you for your interest in Kagan! Sorry you have had some difficulties in learning about the origin of the activities you described below.

It sounds like your school had a recent training, and the activities you described were most likely part of a course workbook, which is only available to workshop participants. We write some activities specifically for workshop material handouts, and they aren't available elsewhere.

If you would like to see more activities that are similar to the ones you described, two great resources I can recommend are our Teambuilding and Silly Sports & Goofy Games books. Both of full of blacklines and activities that are similar in natures to the ones you described. They build-in all of the key elements that help make Kagan Structures successful and ensure full student engagement.

You can find both of these resources on Kagan's Hot List of materials by clicking the below link:
https://www.kaganonline.com/catalog/hot_list.php

I hope this helps, but let me know if there is anything additional we can do to be of assistance.