New to Kagan

Questions about workshops, academies, tour events, conference, and graduate courses.
tch41

New to Kagan

Post by tch41 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:20 am

Is it okay to participate in the workshop "Accelerating Achievement" if you have not done the "Cooperative Learning" workshop yet? I have read Kagan's book on Cooperative Learning but I have never been through the training or professional development offered as of yet. By reading the books that I bought, I am trying to implement this wonderful way of teaching in my classroom. My administration is willing to send me to a workshop where I live if possible. The Accelerating Achievement will be offered near where I teach. I was not sure what is recommended or if it really mattered the order in which I complete the various workshops. Thank you for your help!! :)

Jeff Dane

Re: New to Kagan

Post by Jeff Dane » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:59 pm

I am very excited that you are beginning the process of implementing the structures in your classroom. While it is highly beneficial to attend a Cooperative Learning workshop, it is not a prerequisite to the Accelerating Achievement workshop. You would enjoy it very much and leave with many wonderful ideas. Hope this helps. Thanks

Tom Searl

Re: New to Kagan

Post by Tom Searl » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:56 am

Yes, go to the Accelerating Achievement workshop ... I think it's great! At some point, you WILL want to get to the Cooperative Learning Workshop. It'll help to set the foundation for all Kagan structures and when we would use them in our classrooms. Enjoy!

unicornfairy7

Classroom Data To: Teacher 41 From: Lavita

Post by unicornfairy7 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:52 am

tch41 wrote:
> Is it okay to participate in the workshop "Accelerating
> Achievement" if you have not done the "Cooperative Learning"
> workshop yet? I have read Kagan's book on Cooperative Learning but I have
> never been through the training or professional development offered as of
> yet. By reading the books that I bought, I am trying to implement this
> wonderful way of teaching in my classroom. My administration is willing to
> send me to a workshop where I live if possible. The Accelerating
> Achievement will be offered near where I teach. I was not sure what is
> recommended or if it really mattered the order in which I complete the
> various workshops. Thank you for your help!! :)

Hi Teacher 41:

Kagan Publishing look exciting. I would love to learn more Kagan's learning strategy on implementing classroom management.
What is their book called?
~Lavita
I was at first looking into that new tool I Walk Through for classroom observation, that gives you instant feedback data on how to structure each class.