Winter Academy

Questions about workshops, academies, tour events, conference, and graduate courses.
lhagedorn

Winter Academy

Post by lhagedorn » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:27 am

I attended the winter academy over five years ago and did the Kagan Coaching session. I have done most of the sessions offered in 2018 over the years. Looking to refresh or lean new things. What would you suggest? What does the Elementary Literacy involve? I am an English Language Development teacher K-5 and I co-teach with nearly every grade level using Kagan strategies.

Thank you!

Tom Searl

Re: Winter Academy

Post by Tom Searl » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:08 pm

Thanks for your message and hope all's well!
I think your idea about taking the Elementary Literacy workshop would be a great next step for you, given your current position. The workshop is an overview of how to get engagement into the components of elementary literacy (Comprehension, word study, writing and fluency).
If you take a look at the home page of our website and click on 'workshops' at the top the page, you'll be able to access all of our different academies & course descriptions for both our Winter & Summer Academies, as well as workshops around the country! Spend some time playing around with the website as it has numerous avenues for support!
Hope this helps and let us know if you need any more support!
Take care,
Tom