Alternative to Quiz Quiz Trade

Questions or discussion about Kagan theory, research, or implementing Kagan in your classroom.
bbaierlein

Alternative to Quiz Quiz Trade

Post by bbaierlein » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:02 am

I often use QQT for vocabulary terms, but have been noticing some diminishing returns & students are indicating they want a change of pace... Any suggestions on structures that would be good as replacements?

rickduvall

Re: Alternative to Quiz Quiz Trade

Post by rickduvall » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:09 pm

I'm so glad that you actively engage your students in reviewing vocabulary by getting them to move and socially interact with Quiz-Quiz-Trade! As with anything, though, our brains do crave novelty from time to time. If you have your Quiz-Quiz-Trade cards made, try another review with the same cards with Fan-N-Pick. Obviously, the students will be working with teammates then and not all classmates. Some of my other personal favorite structures to use with vocabulary are Flashcard Star, Flashcard Game, and Find Someone Who. Do you think it will ever be a possibility that you might attend Kagan's Mighty Vocabulary workshop? That workshop is filled with two days of structures for active engagement for both indirect vocabulary development with students, as well as direct instruction and review of specific terms.