HELP!!!

Questions or discussion about Kagan theory, research, or implementing Kagan in your classroom.
kkdighton

HELP!!!

Post by kkdighton » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:19 am

I have to give a powerpoint presentation next week over the conference I attended in Florida- Structures for Little Ones. My principal asked that it be about an hour long----- I don't even know where to start. I want to give them information in a fun hands on way...I wish my instructors would come see us. If anyone has any ideas, information please let me know. kkdighton@gmail.com
I think just the basics on the powerpoint and then let them practice a couple of structures, nut which ones. I will have Pre-K thru 6th grade teachers.

lduvall

Re: HELP!!!

Post by lduvall » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:44 am

Since you are working with several grades, I suggest you choose a structure that applies to the lower grades and one that applies to the higher grades. Since I'm in a higher grade (4th), I would suggest Rally Coach or Showdown. These structures are fairly easy to teach and I feel they are very effective in the classroom. I also like each of these because they don't require a ton of prep work like Quiz, Quiz, Trade or Pick a Card does. If I were doing the presentation, I would include information on competition in the classroom and class building. Students will do much better overall if they are each other's team. Anyway...those are a couple of ideas. Good luck.

Jackie Minor

Re: HELP!!!

Post by Jackie Minor » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:45 am

Hey all....just need to remind you that Kagan has strict copyright guidelines. You cannot present Kagan material, structures or theory without permission. Please refer to the copyright guidelines on the website. This is sent as part of your registration and noted on all Kagan materials. Please email me directly if you have questions. Email is jackie@kaganonline.com.