Processing Information Strategies

Questions or discussion about Kagan theory, research, or implementing Kagan in your classroom.
andersa1

Processing Information Strategies

Post by andersa1 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:15 am

In the Kagan Cooperative Learning book it mentions the structures of Listen Right!, Listen-Sketch-Draft, Listen Up!, Share N Switch, and Show Me! as ways to review and process information. However, I am unable to find the directions for any of these strategies. Can you assist me with the directions for any of these structures?

Elia Chesnoff

Re: Processing Information Strategies

Post by Elia Chesnoff » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:51 pm

The stop structures from Day 1 of the Cooperative Learning Workshop are great for having students process information. RallyRobin, Timed Pair Share, RoundRobin, StandUp HandUp PairUp are structures I used almost every single day to help students empty their working memory and to digest the information being presented to them.

Jackie M

Re: Processing Information Strategies

Post by Jackie M » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:56 am

Kagan doesn't post steps to the structures on the discussion board. Structure steps appear in two main places: handouts from workshops and published books. For example, Listen-Sketch-Draft is in all of the Balanced Literacy books. We do "Show Me" in Day 2 of cooperative learning. Hopefully you will be able to experience the structures in one of our courses!