Learning cubes

Questions or discussion about Kagan theory, research, or implementing Kagan in your classroom.
mellowd

Learning cubes

Post by mellowd » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi. I need some help please. I understand how the cubes would be used if you had a full class set of each, but how would you use the learning cubes if you had only one of each cube? I am new to Kagan Structures as I have just completed my first Summer Academy and am excited to implement in the new school year. I would really appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

jeningalls

Re: Learning cubes

Post by jeningalls » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:40 am

Hi Mellowd,
Thank you for the question about class use of learning cubes. We have around 20 different learning cubes. Here are a couple of examples for you, with the teacher (or one student rolling the cube):
Journal Starters – roll to see the journal starter for the class to use
Lesson Launcher – roll the cube to see the question and then use a Timed Pair Share with shoulder partners to answer
Praisers Cube – entire class praises with the praise rolled
Lesson Wrap Up - roll the cube to see the question and then use a Timed Pair Share with face partners to answer
Please let me know if you were thinking about a specific learning cube that I did not mention in the examples.

mellowd

Re: Learning cubes

Post by mellowd » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:26 am

Hello jeningalls.
Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. I was on the right track but I wanted to make sure that I was using them correctly. Also, thank you for the examples. I will definitely be using them come September. I am soooo excited!!!